Friday, January 8, 2010

No work? Wonder what it would be like everyday

I have to admit, I have only spent 2 out of 5 days at work this week. I live a reasonable enough distance from work that unless it was my dream job (primarily) or a very good reason for me to go in, i was not going to put the effort in to get there. I've seen a few too many crashes on the tv and slides of cars in my road, that I thought you know what, forget it. Half or more of the people at my workplace have company cars and therefore a more blase approach to getting into their cars and driving in. You can be negative or not, but I felt more realistic. So i've stayed home. If i had a laptop or a way of working from home, i might have felt more connected to my work but i dont, so these past few days have given me what i feel was a very slight insight into being without a job. It may sound silly to think i could possibly know but i think i did!

I felt isolated, bored by everything, lazy, unenthusiastic. I thought i would love it, the novelty of all day long tv, uninterrupted sleep, choosing what to eat when, not having to dress up but with no routine in my life, I didn't bother with my appearance, I grazed all day long and spent ridiculous amounts of time on the computer looking at the same old stuff, having achieved absolutely nothing. I spent more, because I was online and it was easy. When I could venture out, I simply spent needlessly, just to do something. So no, I would like to go back to work and this is not something I thought I would say!

If I stayed at home, I would have no personality, nothing to talk about, I would be twice the size i am and really a shadow of my former self. I am now pro work and this is probably the kick i needed to make sure that I appreciate the job I have even if it is not the one I really want. It will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment