Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Its not great living opposite a gym you know

Its really not that great. My lounge looks right across the road and into a work out room of a gym. My boyfriend, an avid working out fellow is not the type to ogle girls (at least not in my presence haha) and is if anything motivated to carry on, sweating simulataneously in their respective rooms.

Me however, the wannabe fitness fanatic (but with absolutely no real intention of ever becoming one) has all of my darkest secrets unveiled. Do i sit at the computer in my dressing gown, because im too lazy to get up and do something productive? Yes. Do i sit and munch on biscuits or a hot chocolate (because i need a warm drink in this chilly place). Maybe I do. Because my lounge is up above floor level i have no need to draw any curtains, there is no one to see me, my window nicely shadowed by a tree.

But its winter now, the tree is bare, the window ever apparent, the gymborees very much in sight and very much reminding me "this is what you should be doing, put your biscuits down you buffoon".

So I've done what needed to be done, things that I had to do to shake off the feeling. I repositioned my sofa away from the window, I drop the blinds at night time and I leave the biscuits downstairs.

I feel ashamed :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment