Monday, April 19, 2010

Miserable Faces

Sometimes, I am guilty of having a miserable face.

Often it is on a Sunday evening or throughout a Monday. I am disgruntled because I love my weekends and I resent them ending. If I didn't have to work, weekends would lose their novelty but it doesn't stop them from becoming a major importance and a major imposition when they are over.

So sometimes, yes I can be miserable. I think that the whole "a smile breeds a smile" is as true as the opposite when a frown breeds a frown. I would say that if you are fed up and you face someone who is chirpy the stronger character's mood rubs off on you. Today at work, my bosses were all pretty much miserable or tired or stressed. It annoyed me as I already didn't feel in the best of moods, having found out that a former colleague had just lost her battle with cancer and rather more trivially, i was tired.

But being dominant males, I felt slightly like I was being targeted, for silly things that they wanted. Because they had nothing major to get me on, it was more picky and "for fucks sake"s going around.

That's another thing, men swearing in front of women. Some men are like "oh sorry shouldn't swear in front of a lady"> which is quite sweet! The rest don't really care.

SO I think I need to act unaffected, because if I let these sulky faces bring me down, that is not a good place to be. I would say that I fall in the bracket of someone who has to try quite hard to not get pulled down. I enjoy laughing and being happy but can get my confidence knocked quite easily.

So bite my tongue, force out a smile and find someone happy to hang out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment